Salesforce is a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool primarily used by companies for sales and customer engagement. It is a robust software that can help boost both your sales and marketing function, but only if you use it right–and that’s never out of the box!
While Salesforce is a powerful platform, it’s important to realize that it may not work out of the box as seamlessly as you might hope. Here are common challenges companies face when using Salesforce without prior knowledge and proper training:
But with the right knowledge and customization, you can harness its full potential to drive your business forward. Here are some tips to help you tailor Salesforce to meet your specific needs:
- Define Your Objectives
Before diving into Salesforce, clearly outline and define your business objectives and how you want Salesforce to support them. Whether it’s improving sales efficiency, enhancing customer relationships, or streamlining processes, a well-defined objective will guide your customization efforts.
- Buy The Right CRM Tools
Salesforce isn’t just a simple CRM platform. It offers a variety of tools and add-ons too, so assess your business needs and invest in the CRM tools that align with your objectives. From marketing automation to analytics, selecting the right tools ensures you maximize Salesforce’s capabilities and enhance your overall CRM strategy.
- Include Users in the Build
Successful Salesforce implementation involves the people who will be using it daily. So do not forget to involve your end-users in the customization process to understand their needs and preferences. This not only enhances user adoption, but also ensures that the platform is tailored to meet the practical requirements of your team and its members.
- Develop Internal Platform Knowledge
Equip your team with the necessary skills to navigate and utilize Salesforce effectively. This can include providing training sessions or access to educational resources to build internal expertise. A knowledgeable team will make better use of Salesforce’s features, leading to improved productivity and results.
- Customize Your Data and Workflow
Salesforce’s true power lies in its customization capabilities. Tailor the platform to match your specific business processes and data requirements. You can do this by customizing fields, workflows, and data structures which lets you create a system that seamlessly integrates with your existing operations.
- Integrate Across Separate Systems
Ensure that Salesforce integrates smoothly with other systems already existing in your organization. This can include connecting Salesforce with your marketing tools, ERP systems, or other databases. Integration between other tools enhances data consistency and provides a holistic view of your business processes.
- Focus on Reporting and Analytics
Another great thing about Salesforce is its robust reporting and analytics features which you can leverage to gain valuable insights into your sales and customer engagement efforts. You can customize reports to track key performance indicators (KPIs) aligned with your objectives, and regularly analyze these reports to make informed business decisions.
- Don’t Forget Regular Maintenance
Salesforce requires ongoing attention to maintain its effectiveness, so make sure you regularly review and update your configurations to adapt to changing business needs. Keep an eye on system performance, data quality, and user feedback to identify areas for improvement. Proactive maintenance ensures that Salesforce continues to align with your evolving business goals.
If All Else Fails, Seek an Expert to Help Set it Up
Some companies try to do it on their own, but for our organization, we sought out a Salesforce Strategic Partner to help set us up for success. If you’re planning to do the same, you might want to consider Vuk Stajic from MVRK Inc.
For a Cost-Effective and Long-term Option, Hire an Industry-Trained Sales
and Marketing Professionals for Your Internal Team
Successful sales and marketing require skilled professionals who know how to use CRM tools such as Salesforce to refine buyer and customer journeys and optimize the sales & marketing strategy. Check out our ready-to-hire remote sales & marketing candidates who can do just that.
A relationship-driven account manager with over 6 years of experience in implementing client retention strategies
- All-inclusive monthly rate: $2,400
- 4+ years of experience
- Languages: English, Filipino
- Skills: Demonstrated expertise utilizing CRM tools in developing account plans to achieve sales targets, upselling or cross-selling opportunities with existing accounts, addressing client issues and concerns and providing timely and accurate sales forecasts and analysis
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
A highly motivated business development professional specializing in handling leads and client relationship
- All-inclusive monthly rate: $2,850
- 4+ years of experience
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Skills: Proven track record in converting leads through cold calling initiatives, implementing client retention strategies, utilizing Salesforce and SAP for lead management, analyzing data to identify opportunities for client acquisition, collaborating with marketing to optimize business development efforts
A dedicated marketing manager with 7 years of experience creating a synergy between marketing efforts and sale
- All-inclusive monthly rate: $2,700
- 7+ years of experience
- Languages: English, Filipino
- Skills: Highly adept in developing lead generation, client nurturing, and customer engaging marketing campaigns; expert in integrating Salesforce to optimize marketing automations, collaborating with cross-functional teams, identifying opportunities, and data-driven decision making
*Rate includes training, onboarding, taxes, law-mandated benefits, performance & asset management support, productivity tracking offboarding etc. Rates could change depending on talent’s qualifications, location and asking salary.
While it may not work “out of the box,” the possibilities for improvement and growth are endless—especially when you have a dedicated expert to help.